A mix collection of inspirational stories gathered from the internet and personal experiences.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just for Laughs: "Good bye, Mom"

This is a poignant story of a young man and a little old lady he met at Wal-Mart.


"Good bye, Mom"


I was shopping at a Wal-Mart and noticed a little old lady following me around. I stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at me.

She finally overtook me at the checkout, and she turned to me and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease. It's just that you look so much like my late son."

I answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store," it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, I called out, "Good bye, Mom."

The little old lady waved, and smiled back at me. Pleased that I had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, I went to pay for my groceries.

"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.

Surprised, I said, "How come so much...I only bought 5 items."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things too."




From a forwarded e-mail

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: